Thursday, March 10, 2011

Crafting Decor Balls

The new year seems to be moving along at a pretty fast pace.  I can not believe it is March!  With spring and summer on the way I am so welcoming the sunshine and flowers.  I miss the yard work and can't wait to start gardening again.  With my spare time being stuck inside I decided that 2011 will be the year that I finally start decorating my house.  A project I did the other day is making decor balls to go on my coffee table.  They are so fun and easy to do and the ideas are endless.  Here are a few I have made.



Start with a styrofoam ball and split peas.  Hot glue until the whole ball is covered.  This does take a long time  to do.  Careful that glue is super hot and is kinda messy.



So easy!  This ball is pretty heavy.

Paint a styrofoam ball with acrylic paint
Hot glue on the glass gems

Popcorn and lots of feathers
Again, just hot glue the popcorn around the ball
This is one of my favorites.

Finished feathered look

Just put a little glue at the beginning to hold in place and then the last few 20 coils needs to be coated with Mod Podge
just to make sure it doesn't unwind.
My first tip..make sure you buy enough beads.   I used a straight pin to secure the beads after painting the styrofoam ball black

It looked a little to bare so I glued on some glitter for the BLING look.

No comments:

Post a Comment